Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Attempted Murder of Rob Whedbee: Why I Am Writing This Book...


For years I debated over whether anyone would be interested in reading my story…more specifically what really happened. The TV segments continue to run, and every time one runs on TV, I get emails from all over the country and even from Europe. I also began to really feel the need to get my story out there for numerous reasons.
  1. I want to set the record straight and maybe achieve some degree of vindication…In other words, tell my side of the story, or shall I say, what really happened. I feel that the facts were grossly distorted by much of the media and the spin created by the defense, and of course, I was falsely vilified during the first trial.
      
  2. I want to attempt to inspire others who have been victims of violent crimes at the hands of their spouse and others, and who have seen their families torn apart. I want to encourage those individuals to pick themselves up and move forward with rebuilding their lives. I want those who have experienced the ultimate betrayal by their spouses to know that it is possible to live again, and maybe even trust again.
      
  3. I want to explain to some degree how the criminal judicial system operates. I don’t think that most people know that the scales of justice are not always equal. I trusted the system and it failed me.
      
  4. Finally, I want to recognize my parents who gave up their retirement years to help me raise my children since their mother abandoned them. I also want to recognize those whose support has helped me through some difficult years.
      

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you are still going to write the book about your experience. I've often wondered why it is and what causes people to do the calculating and sinister things they do. In college I took TONS of psychology courses, and still can't figure it out. Best wishes to you and yours in your journey through healing. Keep believing!

    ReplyDelete